This week Brandon covered the compromise of the sons of God in the first four verses of Genesis 6. He gave us two truths to consider:
1. "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him." - John Piper
2. God is most defiled in us when we are most discontent in Him.
Key Texts: Genesis 6:1-4
- Read the story of Noah in Genesis 6-8. How are you walking faithfully with God? What steps of faithfulness is The Lord calling you to take? Share these with your home group and ask them to hold you accountable.
- Are you trusting God's timing with your circumstances or trying to force your own timing?
- Are you fully convinced that God is worth following regardless of the circumstances? How do your actions reflect your heart's conviction?
- What areas of your life do you struggle to deeply trust God? What steps can you take to grow in trusting God's character?
- An ark has no steering wheel and was caught up in the current of the waters. How are you daily trusting in God's provision for your life and not attempting to steer your future?
- Who can you share the story of the flood with this week as a source of God's love and faithfulness to them?
- Read 2 Peter 3:6-9. Do you have an urgency about your interactions with your non-believing friends? Why or why not?
- With whom have you recently shared the good news of gospel? Are you regularly praying for your lost friends?
- Application: Who would trust what you say about Jesus this week because of the way you love them and care for them? Write these names down and commit to share with them.