This week we got back into Genesis and covered the fall of man. Brandon made it clear that sin questions what God has decreed, steals innocence, causes hiding, blames and accuses, wants ownership of you and it's consequences are dire but sin has been overcome by Jesus.
Key Texts: Genesis 3-4
- What is an unanswered question you’ve had about Christianity?
- We all live in a totally fallen world. Where do you see this most often? What bothers you about the world we live in?
- Who is one person you can Invest in and Invite this week?
Read Genesis 3:1-13
- What has been an area of your life where you found yourself saying, “Did God really say I couldn’t ___________________?
- Sin robs what innocence we have. Where has sin stolen your innocence?
- Sin causes shame. Godly sorrow brings righteousness [Read 2 Cor. 7:10] Have you ever felt regret but had no intention of changing?
- Read Proverbs 19:3 How have you blamed others or God because of your own sin?
- In Ephesians 2 Paul says we were dead in sin until God saved us through Christ. Have you ever felt owned by a sin? How did you overcome it? Is there a sin that is owning you now?
- Adam and Eve’s choice would lead to one of their sons murdering his brother. Do you realize your sin has effects on those around you? Would you do what you’re doing now if you realized it was hurting those you love most?
- Read John 16:33 and Revelation 12:11 Has Jesus overcome your sins? Or is the penalty still on you?
The Fall of Mankind has ruined the relationship of every human that has ever existed from Genesis 3 but Jesus calls sinners to himself and, ultimately, purifies all that is. How can you take that message into the world you live in? Will you be obedient?
You can download this discussion guide here.