We passed the halfway mark in our series on Biblical Community this week with the topic 'Counsel Biblically' Josh Lowe & Zach Sachs each spoke about the importance of counseling those in our Home Groups solely through the Word of God.
Key Texts: John 14:6, 17:17; Zechariah 8:16; 1 Corinthians 2:1-14; Proverbs 26:6; Luke 17:1; James 1:21-22; 1 Samuel 3:1-11; Galatians 2:11-21; Ephesians 2:8-10; Colossians 2:4-10
- What’s your background with the Bible? How familiar are you with what it says?
- In what ways do you see the Bible as applicable to your life and authoritative over your life? How does this work itself out in your daily life?
- Do you feel competent to offer counsel to others using God’s Word? How can you continue to grow in this area?
- How are you at receiving biblical counsel from others? Is it easy or hard for you to humbly accept truth from the Bible?
- Knowing that the health of your group depends in large part on the biblical literacy of its members, how does this convict or motivate you?
- How are we doing as a group in offering biblical counsel to one another? In what areas are we most prone to rely on worldly wisdom?
- Which topics are the easiest for us to counsel one another from Scripture? Which are the hardest?
- How can we as a group help one another counsel from Scripture? Be specific.