This week Brandon raced through four chapters in Genesis covering the story of Jacob finding a wife and then promptly repeating the same sin his grandfather Abraham did, sleeping with his wife's servant to have a child.
Key Texts: Genesis 28-31; Luke 1:32-33
Read Genesis 29-31. (Yes, it’s long)
- How has being deceitful or being deceived cost you in the past? (29:21-30)
- How do our own desires/lusts get in way of what God is doing in our lives?
- Finish the following statement as you might have done before reading this passage: “I could be happy if only ...”
- What could Rachel have done to overcome her jealous discontentment? What could Jacob have done to help her?
- Do you feel jealousy toward some other person? How does God want you to handle those feelings?