Happy Easter! We stuck with our series on 'Together' for the Easter message and the topic of living an authentic life. Brandon used the topic of authenticity to preach the good news, while we were still sinners Christ died for us. Christ authenticates all believers and only through Him can we live authentically.
Key Texts: 1 Corinthians 15:55; Romans 1:34-39, 8:10-11; Proverbs 11:14, 15:22, 18:1, 24:16; Acts 2:44; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31; Ephesians 1:3-10; Hebrews 12:1b-2; Ephesians 5:8-11
- When have you felt comfortable sharing a real struggle with someone? What was it about them that made them feel safe?
- Has someone in your past broken trust with you after you shared something personal? How did you respond to that broken trust?
- What excites or scares you about giving someone permission to see the real you?
- Are you ready to live authentically and be accountable to and for others?
- How convinced are you that you are to confess your sin and struggles with others in your home group? If you’re not completely comfortable with that idea, what steps can you take to prepare your heart?
- Is there anything you’re currently struggling with that God is prompting you to share or confess?
- Celebrate someone in your group who has modeled authenticity when it comes to their sin and struggles.
- On a scale from 1-10, share your individual anxiety/fear level concerning this topic (10 being scared to death). Rate the feeling of the group as a whole.
- What are the excuses that we might use for not taking the next step of obedience in confessing our sin to one another?
- How can we help each other live authentically? Be specific.