Brandon continued in Genesis this week preaching through chapter 27; the story of Isaac, Esau, Rebekah and Jacob all attempting to manipulate a situation that God had already revealed the outcome.
Key Texts: Genesis 27; Romans 9:6-11; Hebrews 12:15-17
- What do you think of when you think of a manipulator?
- Read Genesis 27 then read Genesis 25:23. Rebecca was given this word but throughout this chapter it appears that for some reason she has to resort to manipulation in order to see this prophecy fulfilled. Have you ever found yourself manipulating situations to get a desired result instead of trusting God?
- Jacob’s only hesitancy was that he might get caught. Do you fear sinning because you might get caught or because you will grieve God?
- What type of influence are your words and behavior having on those around you?
- The Bible certainly does not hide the sins of great men. How is that fact encouraging you to live in the light, sharing your sins with others to display the goodness of God?
- Do we believe that God can’t accomplish his will? Or, is it a greater fear within us that His will won’t be what we want?