This week was Baptism Sunday, Brandon spent the first part of the sermon talking about what Baptism means and why we do it and the way we do it. He then spent the rest of the time in Genesis 26 where God tells Isaac to stay in the land during a famine instead of going to Egypt.
Key Texts: Genesis 26:1-5; Romans 6:4; 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 8:56-58
- The first point Brandon made was that obedience will be hard. What is an example in your life where you were obedient and it was hard?
- How did being obedient make you more dependent on God to lead you through?
- In verses 1-5 God didn't make a new covenant with Isaac, he simply reminded him of the one He already made. This reminds us that God always keeps His promises, how have you seen this play out in your life?
- What promises can you hold onto everyday that will cause you to act in faith?
- How can we help each other be obedient and live in faith, bearing one another's burdens so that we aren't hardened by the deceitfulness of sin?