This week Zach, Ryan and Josh each took a section out of Genesis 17 to show that God is faithful to his covenant and always knows what he's doing.
Key Text: Genesis 17; Galatians 3:16, 26-29, 5:1-6; Colossians 2:11-13
- Do you have a hard time trusting God will always fulfill his promises? What if you waited 13 years?
- We live under the New Covenant, built on God’s unconditional love, do ever find yourself erring on the side of legalism, trusting in your works to maintain the relationship?
- What are some of the desires of your ‘flesh’ that need to be cut off?
- Do you hold onto things too long when God has clearly set a different path? (ex: Abraham petitioning for Ishmael)
- How can you follow in Abraham’s footsteps and follow God more fully without anything holding you back (ex: Abraham circumcising everyone at once as God commanded)